Sunday, August 9, 2015

Time to try interactive notebooks ... EEK!

During my blog-hopping, I've been admiring all of the beautiful interactive notebooks out there! This is a project that I've been drawn to for a while, but I just couldn't making myself take the leap last year. At the end of each school year, my teaching partner and I talk about what went well and what needs tweaking for next year. We both agreed that we needed to find a more engaging way to teach grammar. As I gave this more and more thought, I always went back to those interactive notebooks. It's time to take that leap!


And so my summer project was born: Create an interactive notebook that covers all of the Language standards, but  is simple enough for little second grade hands.
I do have to admit that this project took WAY longer than I thought it would, but it was so worth the time and effort!


I even tried many of the pages out with my summer tutoring kiddos and they love it. They can't wait to take their notebooks home! You can see the concepts covered below or  check out the whole product here!


No comments :

Post a Comment